[pianotech] Binding Keys

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 18:26:10 PST 2009

In the November 2005 Journal TT&T, Don Valley describes a method of
untwisting keys which I have tried and found useful. If the keys are spaced and
squared at the front, are the key ends skewed? Are the backchecks skewed? Can  you
see a sideways tip to the capstan? Try to identify the location of the
warpage and work at that point. There are also methods of kerfing the key to  induce
a bend in the right direction.

Paul

In a message dated 2/22/2009 7:17:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,