[pianotech] Off Topic: Call me Bill

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 16:30:55 PST 2009

I am in no way an expert on this, but would not working be similar to a business loss. We're allowed to deduct the price of items stolen or damaged in an accident. So why shouldn't we be allowed to deduct wages as a loss item.

But now the question is, how much can I deduct.?If I were?working for a company, and I make x number of dollars per hour, when I'm gone from my job, I don't get paid for those hours, and I would be allowed to deduct that no income from my state income tax. But how do you do that as a self employed piano tuner? Would you take your taxable income, and divide that by 365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months, or ??? . Or do you say that you are capable of tuning 6 pianos a day at $150 per tuning, even if you've only been tuning 3 pianos a day because of the economy??

I'm not against the proposed bill. I just want to know how it would work.

Wim