[pianotech] gasket material

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Sat Feb 21 18:21:06 PST 2009

Hi Ron,

I'm in total agreement on using leather.  Nothing finer than finding a local supplier and hand picking whenever possible, ordering from Columbia or even Tandy as a second choice for splits.  Leather is much more tolerant of humidity swings than is the cork/rubber or cork alone.  I'll be heading for Ted's Leather in Haverhill, MA within the next two weeks to pick out my gasket leather and some super fine valve leather.   Used to do the same with Tandy Leather when I was in FL.

Debbie L.