[pianotech] voip phone lines

phil at emvkeys.ca phil at emvkeys.ca
Fri Feb 20 08:35:37 PST 2009

I'm near Toronto, Ontario. I have 2 lines (personal & business) from
Vonage for under cdn$40/mo.

911 is engaged as part of the package. Current address must be registered.

As for power outages, I still have cellular. Most cellular repeater
towers employ solar charged battery powered as I understand it - I may
be misinformed.

As for land line stuff being reliable, poor reliability and very poor
service from Bell Canada are the reasons we went to Vonage (Rogers
cable, economy package). Economy was icing on the cake. We retained our
old numbers. Once we decided, Vonage looked after the whole thing, even
giving Bell the bad news.

So far, no complaints or service outages.

Phil