[pianotech] voip phone lines

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Thu Feb 19 09:03:14 PST 2009

Living in earthquake country, I'm not ready to depend entirely on the
cell phone towers. I lose cellular calls every day driving through
heavily populated areas, even on major freeways (AT&T). True, a
catastrophe that disrupts cell service could also disrupt land lines,
but I'm keeping my land line on the house phone anyway. DSL depends on
land lines, cable networks traverse the same poles as land lines. Who
knows which, if any, will stay up? I'm hedging my bets.

-Mark Schecter, Oakland, CA
1 mi. from the Hayward fault
30% chance of the BIG big one in the next 30 years