[pianotech] Equipment Purchase Help

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 17:32:05 PST 2009

Steven

When I got started, I always got the most expensive tools for any job I needed to do. It has saved me a lot of money over the years.

I know boring your own hammers is something you might eventually want to do in the future. But for now, I would recommend you buy your hammers from a company that not only bores them, but also hangs them of the shanks. They will do a lot better job and it saves you a lot of time. All of the hammer sellers do an excellent job, and if you can give them the brand and model number of the piano, some don't even need samples.? (You will have to do some traveling and burning, but you would need to do that anyway if you did your own.)

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943