[pianotech] Mahagony soundboards

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 16:45:18 PST 2009

I tuned an even more remarkable piano yesterday:  A Story & Clark with a
solid spruce soundboard.  Haven't had time yet to check the S/N in my
Pierce to see when it was mfd.  I suspect it was stenciled by another
maker - the Story&Clark name in the plate was a separate piece of cast
iron, screwed into a an opening in the plate.