[pianotech] Mahagony soundboards

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Feb 17 15:17:00 PST 2009

> In all serious though, it was no worse than a similar piano with a
> spruce s/b. I figured it was laminated.

True, both laminated and solid panels can be made to sound
similarly bad.

>What are the other layers made of?
>
> Jude Reveley, RPT

No one's ever dared to look inside! Maybe that's where all the
cracks are.

Something remarkably similar to this material started showing
up as Yamaha crates some time after it quit showing up in
Story & Clark soundboards. That surely must mean something.
Ron N