[pianotech] Miking center pins and broach set

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 17 12:29:09 PST 2009

I don't mic center pins very often, certainly not each center as I come to it when repinning... '-]  But I have found differences between Pianotek and Schaff.   For instance, in the last batch of 20.5 pins from both companies, I found the Pianotek slightly bigger than Schaff.  I actually like because it gives me another option.   You will find that most often you are using only 20.5 and 21 center pins.   Those are the ones to have a lot on hand...

Didn't someone say that in between sizes can be had for center pins?   Where?   That would be very helpful.   You will find that most often you are using only 20.5 and 21 center pins.   Those are the ones to have a lot on hand...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044