[pianotech] Mason and Hamlin parts?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 16 09:59:26 PST 2009

> Being cast iron, I
> am told that welding is a very unlikely solution to repair the assembly.  Is
> part replacement my next step?  Where can I find parts? Thank you.  Dan

Cast iron is quite dependably weldable. The trick is in
finding a welder that knows what he's doing. Otherwise, about
anyone can braze it. These parts were originally made by
Ramsey, who also made player tracker bars and such for the
piano industry. I don't know if they're even in business any more.
Ron N