[pianotech] Weickert special felt update

andré oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Sun Feb 15 06:50:43 PST 2009

On Feb 15, 2009, at 12:35 AM, A440A at aol.com wrote:

>     I agree that performers like to feel the power, however, I have
> heard
> too many pianos that sound like muscular workhorses on the stage,
> but halfway
> out in the hall they sound thin and harsh. The artist on the stage
> feels like
> they are just knocking the walls out of the hall, but that is just
> what they
> hear while they are right there by the instrument.  There is a
> profound
> difference between loud and powerful.  It takes a softer hammer to
> produce the lower
> end of the tonal spectrum in a note and a firmer hammer to produce
> the higher
> end which gives the note definition.  It is the combination that
> makes for a
> powerful projection.  These Weickerts seem to have that combo built
> in.

And then there are so many other ways to use and enhance the powers in
the hammer, like turbo regulation and turbo voicing.
If the instrument is healthy and we have the perfect hammer plus the
professional experience, we can turn most instrument into vibrant
power stations.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek