[pianotech] OT: I know it's not a piano...

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sat Feb 14 08:16:20 PST 2009

With the poor syncing in YouTube it's hard to tell if it's "live" or
"memorex", but it is quite easy to create the effect. I used to do it on my
viola in high school (for fun), and occasionally see it done by St. Paul
Chamber Orchestra performers.  I also usually do it on my son's electric
guitar when he lets me touch it. It's even cooler with the weird distortions
on his amp.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN