[pianotech] Weickert special felt update

Oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Sat Feb 14 01:31:34 PST 2009

In regard to the Wurzen felt hammers my opinion, remarks and advice
are based on my long time experience with Renner/Wurzen hammers,
custom made for me.
I feel very comfortable with those hammers and the voicing procedure
is always the same :
hammer dope in the last 5-7 treble hammers, needling up the first bass
octave and applying a cushion in the middle section.
No special tricks, no ironing, no steam voicing and never (more) dope.
The new Wurzen/Weickert felt is superior. It is perfect and only
requires experience and artful craftmanship.

Friendly greetings
From
André Oorebeek

Antoni van Leeuwenhoekweg 15