[pianotech] Fitting pinblock with epoxy

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 21:23:06 PST 2009

Hi Bill
? Hey, Why not? I've thought of it myself. Smear the top & get a form fitted block all the way around. Solid man solid.
? Great idea
?
? Dale

I've used clear packing tape in the webbing area and mold release on the flange.? The packing tape is nice if you also glass the top of the block (I do).? I know, probably not necessary, but the epoxy is already mixed, and, why not.? The packing tape is rigid enough to keep the epoxy out of the? webbing holes.? Though, it doesn't really matter that much, once you've center punched, drilled and chamfered the pin block.? ;-]?? I just feel good doing it that way.? Another option.

?

William R. Monroe

?

Subject: [pianotech] Fitting pinblock with epoxy

Terry, Ron, David, Dale, or anyone else who has done this.

?

I have just finished fitting a pinblock and I'm 95% +. I would like to try using epoxy for the final perfect fit. What should I use as a release agent on the plate?

?

Thanks,

?

Al