[pianotech] S&S "D" Keys with Attachments on To

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 16:28:46 PST 2009

Ric writes:
<<

I'd suggest a place to start is to just find out just how stiff a key

needs to be for any given action before the rest of the action becomes

.... less stiff. Then perhaps we might see how pianists in large numbers

react to the sensation.  We may end up with another jiffy leads story

for all we know :) >>

Greetings,
Anders Askenfelt and Erick Jansson have already done most of the work needed
here.
Take at look at "Five Lectures" (http://www.speech.kth.se/music/5_lectures/)
There is a very easily understood timing chart of what happens when a key is
played at various levels. This was done with micro-switches and  demonstrates
what "power saturation" is.  If you wanted to isolate the key's compliance
from the rest of the action, it would be very easy to do with this approach.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26h
mpgID=62%26bcd=febemailfooterNO62)</HTML>