[pianotech] Fitting pinblock with epoxy

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:13:51 PST 2009

Yes, Big Daddy, I capische!

Al

  From: erwinspiano at aol.com
  Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:35 AM
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Fitting pinblock with epoxy

  Hey Big Al
    I use a Teflon spray or some of the Mclube products as a safety factor. After the thickened epoxy goes on the block we drape saran wrap over the epoxy & then fit the block in place. Clamp & screw We started doing it this way to isolate the epoxy from the plate. The mold release for us is just for where the epoxy might escape. Before we began using a plastic wrap shield we had too many occasions where even using just the mold release resulted in having to tap the block more vigorously than I liked to get it free from the plate.
    Mix the 440 filler in the epoxy till it looks &spreads like peanut butter.
    Capische??
   Dale