[pianotech] Jack wink /thanks/ and blostering knuckles

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 07:35:13 PST 2009

Greetings,

          I read in Danny  Boone's Regulating Grand Piano Touch and Tone
book, that  flattened knuckles can be "bolstered"

          I read that  this is done by threading a needle with 100% wool yarn
and taking the needle in  one side of the knuckle and out the other and
clipping off the ends. So I tried  one and liked the result. It took me about 15
min to do all  88, afterward, I brushed up the leather and Walaaa!  The knuckles
 responded nicely:  ...or so it seems...(with this before mentioned jack
winking not looking right) ...Now I am wondering if that wasn't a mistake. In
any case, am going to check the spring and the rep lever  centerpinning.

    One more question: Can rep lever center pin  grams resistance testing be
done with the rep lever(s) on the  rail....or must I remove them?

     Thanks for help  and enlightenments!

Julia
Reading, PA
now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)