[pianotech] Pressure ridges

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 13 04:59:33 PST 2009

Communication is the key.  Make your new observations known to them, in
writing.  It's been several years since you quoted, so it's
understandable that the condition of the piano has changed.  Make it
clear what the potential is for future degradation of the soundboard,
give them options to repair the ridge or replace the board (or do
nothing, as the eventual crack will not be the end of the world).  The
observations and recommendations can be yours, but the decision of what
to do must be theirs.

good luck

Mike