[pianotech] Even been audited?

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 12 19:42:37 PST 2009

If you pay self-employment taxes, you pay into social security.  I get a notice every year of my approximate benefits if I retire at 62 or if I die, what my wife and daughter, as survivors would be entitled to...don't you get the same type letter.   Now, if you are doing everything under the table and don't have much "declared" income, you will have very little SS when the time comes and very low taxes.   Now, that would probably trigger an audit...I don't think their going to abolish SS any time soon, but I don't intend to be relying on anyway.   I'm never going to completely retire.   That's the only way I'll be able to make ends meet as I get older...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044