[pianotech] Even been audited?

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 18:27:21 PST 2009

I have never been audited.  I don't think being a piano tech is a red flag, but I have been told that some of the thinks we do can be  a red flag, e.g. home-office expenses, especially if it appears excessive.

I have also been told that it is difficult for piano tech's to get Social Security retirement benefits, simply because the IRS finds it difficult to believe we will not continue doing "business as usual," just doing it under the table.  Not that it matters much.  There will be no SS benefits for anyone in a few years.

Frank Emerson