[pianotech] Piano Wire Metal

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 08:41:01 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Bruce Browning - The Piano Tuner <
justpianos at our.net.au> wrote:

> Michael,
> How do you make these loops in the field repairs.
> Bruce Browning
> The Piano Tuner.

I didn't have to, these were new strings and I called the makers and they
sent replacements.
If I had to, I have a loop maker, fashioned from a piece of broom handle
with a hole through it and a screw near the hole, this was discussed not
long ago and there were pictures of this device, it should be in the
archives.
I save my string "tails" whenever I replace a bass string, I would find
a tail that matched the broken string diameter, put a loop on one end and
splice the other into the string being careful to adjust the length as near
as possible to the original.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404