[pianotech] Sandpaper paddles!

rjwag at pacifier.com rjwag at pacifier.com
Mon Feb 9 21:49:56 PST 2009

Hi David,

It should remain stable for a year (the monomer liquid) if kept tightly
sealed and in a workshop environment--that's not the trunk of your car on
a hot summer day ;-).  18 months is getting dicey; but you can mix up a
test batch and check to see if it sets solidly and files without flaking.
The powders last indefinitely.

BTW, please be sure to mix the material to a buttermilk consistency
(fairly wet) to ensure there is enough monomer to fully catalyze the
powder for a stronger bond. Though looking runny, it will set enough in a
minute or two to allow application.

Did you get your kit from my brother Richard?

Mike Wagner

That's Mr. Mugs to you...