[pianotech] Nossaman Hovercraft - reprise

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 9 21:47:28 PST 2009

William Monroe wrote:
> I just wanted everyone who has any interest in building one of these
> recently popularized devices to proceed with a word of caution.  I recently
> discovered that there is a failure with the Auto-Pilot feature of this
> device.  I was happily stringing away the other day, and came to a hole
> that
> had only been drilled to 1/4" (I use two-pass drilling) instead of to the
> G-bit that the rest of the block was drilled at.  It turns out the silly
> drill-press rig just passed this one right by.  So, to all you who think
> this thing is so great, be advised of this issue - and note:  The
> manufacturer refused to cover this under warranty.  Of all
> the..............
>
> Many <G>
>
> William R. Monroe

Bill,
You'll note the absence of the autopilot feature in the
description and plans, or I'll note it for you. The reason is
that the autopilot function didn't manifest in the design and
authoring phases, which resulted in it's failure to
automatically show up in the article. Had it, it would have
(you gotta love a language this cumbersome). Should the
missing functions show up in subsequent code revisions,
housekeeping sessions, or dreams, they will be made available
as incremental upgrades which may or may not require
refabrication of the system to install, and may be hardware
sensitive as to ultimate performance in any case.

As an alternative, we are currently negotiating with an
offshore manufacturing facility to offer corrective auxiliary
holes in a popular range of sizes, as a handy, discreet, and
economical repair option. While we feel that providing the
information to build the means to produce not only
appropriate, but strikingly superior holes should be enough
for any nominally reasonable person, we also understand the
desirability of third party no fault holes in certain
instances, so we're working hard to provide these as a nominal
extra cost after market enhancement to the basic hole
production system. The plain brown wrappers to ship them in
should be available any time now too.

Order now, and we'll throw in a lifetime supply of darkness to
fill the holes to preserve freshness until such time as they
can be used.

Operators are about to go to bed for tonight, so act - later.

Yawn,
Ron N