[pianotech] Oversized Tuning Pins vs. New Block

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Feb 9 21:03:00 PST 2009

Re: [pianotech] Oversized Tuning Pins vs. New BlockWe just recently sent two of them out for finishing.  Did everything except stringing (block was installed and drilled, SB finished, bridges done) prior to refinishing.  Basically, all the really rough stuff was done.  Your refinisher loves you cause there's no plate in there, nothing to work around inside the rim, just has to protect the SB and Block.

When it comes back, the plate just goes in once, protect everything, and start stringing.  Throw in some guide rails and dampers, finish up the action, and you're in business.  It worked really well this time and seems like a nice compromise for me and for the refinisher.

William R. Monroe
  -----

  For that matter, couldn't you complete your end of the deal and then send it to the refinishers?   Working around a newly refinished piano seems a little dangerous to me...

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, CA 94044