[pianotech] finding the strike line

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 13:17:44 PST 2009

Ron:

I have been doing something of the same for several years based on some
whiz-kid's bright idea (not mine) of sticking a piece of tape on the front of  the
keybed under the frame, hanging my test hammers on extra shanks, and as I
find the proper position for the hammers, marking the differential on the tape
with a scribe line. This gives me at least a range of several hammers  which
creates a curved strike line and does exactly what you are  describing. I like
the idea of not having to move the dags!

Paul

In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:03:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,