[pianotech] California State Convention

Brian Wilson pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 8 17:25:59 PST 2009

I second that motion.. You are making me thirsty. and the bars are open here
right now!

Thank you for understanding. I already knew that you can tune well. However
I find it difficult to promote myself. That last post was so difficult to
write. First I tried not to insult anyone and secondly not to brag about
myself. We both achieve tunings that are respected by our peers and our
clients. I thought that is what I am been trying to point out. You describe
yourself as a piano geek. I'm a nerd.

Since my last post and my early morning tuning, I rang several technicians
that are highly respected in their areas. All perform concert work etc. The
answer to this first topic was yes. 4ths increase in speed. In fact one
questioned my sanity for asking this question (so do I every day). This tech
also referred me to a text book and quote "interval rates must increase in
speed as the frequency rises" So it seems that our teaching methods and
ideas differ... That is the subject that I find so interesting.. Sounds like
a good convention topic.

I hope most readers can understand the ever so slight difference in our
tunings.. if my first 4th beats at 0.78 beats per second, and yours is 1.0
beats per second. That is certainly not worth getting hot under the collar
about, nor for me to be told that what I perform is impossible. There are
many more like me...

Kind regards

Brian

  _____