[pianotech] finding the strike line

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 17:17:57 PST 2009

David Love wrote:
> When adding transition bridges on these boards have you found it worthwhile
> to consider altering the strike point in the transition section?
>
> David Love

I haven't tried it yet. I don't want to modify action ratios
for a half dozen notes there, but I'd love to be able to move
the agraffes back to accommodate the strike ratio. In some
pianos, it looks quite possible, and in others not so simple.
That low in the scale, the strike point isn't that touchy so,
though it could very likely be improved, the overall
transition is already usually so dramatically better than the
original than I haven't been forced into it. If I'm still
standing when I run out of the other interesting things I want
to try, I'll probably eventually attack it. There are a few
other things I need to try to Ron proof in the meantime.

Ron N