[pianotech] Do fourths beat faster?

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 17:24:15 PST 2009

Brian:

Apparently there have been articles written to prove that they do beat
at the same rate. But none of the posters have explained the
theoretical concept. I am working out the math for a 4 octave spread
with a fourth and a fifth in each octave for 2:1, 4:2 and 8:4 octaves
types using an iH constant of 0.1 at C3 that doubles every 8
semi-tones. This is a sample piano's iH from the well known
"Inharmonicity of Plain Wire Piano Strings" article by Robert W.
Young. I will post the results in a day or three.

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.