[pianotech] oversize t.p. bushings

John Voigt jvoigt at gwtc.net
Sat Feb 7 06:15:07 PST 2009

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Farrell [mailto:mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com]
  Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:04 AM
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] oversize t.p. bushings

  I know you said you didn't want to manufacture your own bushings, but all
you need to do is cut 200-some maple plugs of the appropriate size. And
there too, you can always drill out the web holes if you want a more regular
size.

  But which way should the wood grain go? I suspect you'd really want the
grain to run top to bottom - you could just cut up some hard maple dowels
(or oak or anything hard) and jam them in there.

  If you drill the block in the piano, you'd then just drill through the
plugs/dowels. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.....[John Voigt] Thanks for
volunteering Terry!

  Terry Farrell