[pianotech] Time Clock?

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Feb 5 20:22:29 PST 2009

John and others,

I've worked by this method for some time.  However, I think one
consideration might be that a really good way to know if you misquote is by
keeping accurate record of the time you spend on your work.  I know I'm
guilty of generalizing my time in the shop, and I've longed to know how many
minutes I ACTUALLY spend doing the various jobs.  Trouble is..........I
don't want a time clock either.  <G>

I've made a couple well-intentioned efforts to track my time in the shop to
see if I'm as accurate as I think I am when I quote a job.  I get about
halfway through a job before I stop keeping track.  My difficulty is that I
hate being distracted with time-keeping.  I'd rather be working.  Pick your
battles I guess.

William R. Monroe