[pianotech] Hole Piano

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Feb 4 18:37:45 PST 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Noah Frere

  What happened with the old Sohmer? Well I was very happy to see the center pins still free, however immediately discovered a broken jack. Walked to Staples for Crazy Glue, which didn't work. I'm so used to Accelerator. I think they sold a thicker crazy glue but didn't think to get it. From now on, besides the Tuning Hammer and mutes, the universal screwdriver and Visegrips, I shall always have CA and Accelerator. Oh - and Ultra Solvent. I went for a year without the Solvent, then one day last week, Bam, all of a sudden a huge pad of finger skin was stuck inextricably to something, can't remember what now. Fortunately I was in a shop where Solvent was nearby. But I don't know what I would have done without it.

  Noah,

      Nail polish remover works!

  It's basically acetone with some fragrance mixed in and will release the CA bond. Otherwise  I'd be walking around with a winter spinet attached to my hand.

  Best wishes,

  Tom Driscoll