[pianotech] Is there a tool for the dented nuts on plate nose boltsin old Knabe upright?

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Mon Feb 2 12:44:42 PST 2009

Thumpe,

If you're going through the trouble of making your own (which isn't too much trouble if you have access to a metal chop saw), I'd recommend making it for a ratchet or impact driver.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545

Dear everyone,
     Dismantling a 1919 Knabe Ampico upright, yesterday, got to those annoying brass nuts on the plate-strut nose bolts that have the two opposed notches. Does someone currently sell a tool for this. ( And, no, I'd prefer the answer not be "Vise-Grips(TM) )

Euphonious Thumpe