[pianotech] How long to wait to tune...

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sun Feb 1 05:55:00 PST 2009

Barbara said:

--- big snip ---

The CFIII was easy to tune, but wowie it could've used some voicing (IMO), and I didn't have the authority to do it.  I even dreamed about voicing it that night.  I also dreamed about missing an airline flight--a common dream when I have to get up earlier than usual.  :-)

I know what you mean about the urge to voice.  We have a CFIIIS and when nicely voiced they are truly lovely pianos.  The felt they use for the hammers is superb and it takes very little to make them sound wonderful.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu<mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>