[pianotech] Speaking of bridges…

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Sun Aug 30 10:24:51 MDT 2009

List,

Several years ago I took in a grand piano to practice some of the
skills of this trade. It was a Hardman Grand, #66184, 1909.

For some reason the sound of this piano was unique (rich & gorgeous)
to my ears over other older grands that I have experienced to date.
Included is a link to the only explanation I could imagine for this
uniqueness.

Piano Stuff, Mr. Mac's Piano Service, Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

Perhaps some of you folks versed in the exploration of piano tone when
it comes to bridges and soundboards will find what I found to be
rather interesting. And then again, maybe it's old hat to those in the
know.

Sincerely,

Keith