[pianotech] PR follow up

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 14:28:42 MDT 2009

Well, since I seem to be the only "one" who is reluctant to concede,  let
me say (or concede?) that the clarity of terms which has been achieved  is
significantly greater than when we started, at least it is for me, and I'm
grateful for most everyone's evenhanded participation. There were a variety of
 questions and observations asked by several that were not germane to the
original question, and would have led to asides in the discussion and
represent  no avoidance. The "physics" aspect of the discussion is a small part in
the  equation of how we each determine the difference between acceptable
(at the  time) and fine tunings, represent them to our clients, and plan
future  remediation after radical pitch alteration. My only point from the outset
was  that there was a distinction to be made, and a distinction worth
discussing. It  has, to me, showed its merit in the variety of responses.

Paul

In a message dated 8/29/2009 11:07:28 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

Gerald  Groot wrote:
> Well, all you guys are doing is going back and forth  trying to win
something
> that none of you is willing to concede on  except asking questions to
avoid
> answers...  Or, at least one of  you is anyway....

That's right - one. So how is it everyone in a  discussion who
has been making a real attempt to make sense is  automatically
lumped in with the one who refuses to try? I've always
wondered, since it invariably happens sooner or later in long
discussions. Discussions where everyone involved is making an
attempt  to make sense tend to be short, and don't draw
criticism from  non-participants.
Ron N