[pianotech] Clarification Question: i'll take a pass

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Aug 28 20:10:45 MDT 2009

Your reduction in total moisture was more than just the 10% you
mentioned, as warm air can hold considerably more water per cubic foot
of air than cold air can.  If you have the piano in 15 deg F, you can
approach 100% humidity and still have very little total moisture in
the air.

A more accurate measure of how much moisture is removed might be found
by running the AC at a temperature equal to the existing temperature
and then measure the RH after awhile.  I'm curious what percentage
you'd have then...

Regards,

Rob McCall
Murrieta, CA