[pianotech] Philosophy of piano service (was FW: Ford "transit" cargo vehicle)

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Fri Aug 28 07:31:33 MDT 2009

Dean,

1) I really don't comprehend how the practice I engage in raises the
prices for everyone.

2) As to the concept of overall profit, I can understand getting to
charge for a second trip allows more profit, but I am more interested
in providing a service to the customer while I'm there rather than
making more money for a second trip. Enough profit is made on the
first trip to easily accommodate the lifestyle I know.

3) Driving the Voyager I use hardly costs a lot of extra money. It is
one of the finest service vehicles I have ever owned to date, little
to no service other than traditional maintenance and excellent mileage.

Your comments for all practical purposes, simply do not add up in the
world I experience for me to consider changing the practices I have
adopted. I do not question your approach of piano service and have no
suggestions that you do anything other than what you are currently
doing.

Sincerely,

Keith