[pianotech] Agraffe for Chinese piano

perrys piano restorations perrymark at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:48:33 MDT 2009

Be careful here Bruce,

First, the thread of an agraffe cannot be re-threaded without a geometric die head.  These threads go past the bottom level of the agraff.  This is noted by the cone shaped cut in the base of it. A hand threading tool will leave an un-cut shoulder and the agraffe will not seat.

I would try contacting the parts department of Mason & Hamlin.  They import ningbo orient piano parts, and should be able to send you one off the shelf.  If this does not work I know a guy who can make this part..... but it will cost.  He made me 500 of them in 302 grade stainless, and did a stellar job.

Anywho, good luck

Mark Perry