[pianotech] Haessler Grand

svmpianostemmer info at svmpianostemmer.be
Thu Aug 27 08:26:06 MDT 2009

Hi list,

I was asked to look at a new Haessler (Bluthner) grand piano of 1,75
meter  at a piano dealer.
The problem is he can not sell it because the tone is really bad for a
grand of a such price.
I took a quick look and noticed the front punchings are really bad
quality.
So by changing them (wurzen punchings) and redo a fine regulating I
will improve the sound a lot.

My question is if anyone had to work on a piano like this one and what
could do to improve the tone a little bit more.
I found that the regulation what quite ok. The sound is not coming
out. The voicing of the hammers is not 100%
so I will work on that to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephan Van Meirhaeghe