[pianotech] Stringing scale help!

"Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz" rafahuberman at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Aug 26 07:37:01 MDT 2009

Hi list!

I´m restringing an upright S&S very old (1869) serial 18175 with a
double plate. The string I took out doesn´t seem to be the original
ones and therefore I don´t feel the sizes are correct. The sizes are
13 1/2, 14, 14 1/2, 15, 15 1/2, 16 1/2, 17 1/2, 18, 19. I don't have a
model for the piano and there is many variation for the uprights cited
on The Guide to Restringing.
Any suggestions? Any one of you experts know the correct scale for
this piano?
I thank you all in advance for your valuable suggestions!

Rafael Huberman

Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz

ArtePiano
Colón #806, Col. Centro