[pianotech] a new one for me

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Aug 22 14:53:02 MDT 2009

  Maybe my experience was so good because it was about 30 years ago, maybe the world has gotten less safe.

  When we moved to Portland and I started working for the Yamaha dealer, they had a policy we couldn't be in the home if the customer was not present the whole time.  Most customers who wanted to leave, were unhappy with that rule.  Although, there was one man who said; "In that case, I will cancel my appointment, my daughter's piano is too important."  What a breath of fresh air!

Diane Hofstetter

Wow. IMHO, you are really taking a chance. If it is a long time
customer, maybe not so big a deal.
One time I tuned a piano for a new customer and they were not home -
they left a key outside for me and mailed me a check - I never saw
anyone. I felt VERY uncomfortable with that arrangement - not sure why
I actually went through with it - I'll never do that again. Just seems
way too much chance of problems.
Terry Farrell