[pianotech] a new one for me

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Aug 22 07:51:54 MDT 2009

Do you mean taking a chance on not getting paid or something else.  Though
not often, I've had this happen as well.  Usually, if someone is willing to
leave me a key without having met me it's a referral and not a random shot
out of the phone book.  I've never had a problem getting paid.  In such
cases I always get a phone number where they can be reached in the event I
find something with the piano that needs doing above and beyond what I
expected.  My first time customer fees are generally scheduled as longer
appointments (and a bit more) so they've already had the price outlined.
Though this arrangement is not typical I don't see any reason to worry about
it.  Unless, of course, they are in the habit of leaving expensive watches
lying around.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com