[pianotech] i'll take a pass - leg bolt question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 21 22:28:09 MDT 2009

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> Ah, Ron, twice bitten etc...
>
> I have for a very long time now made it a practice on the phone with a
> new customer to ask not only about maintenance history to establish when
> in the past 20 years the piano was tuned, but whether it had been moved
> recently, and from where.

Me too. In this case, I knew it had been moved from long term
storage, and hadn't been tuned in a long time. So I
anticipated the pitch raise. Tell me, please, how that should
have given me the details on the leg and lyre bolt screw ups
without my either divining them specifically over the phone
from available information, or having them volunteered before
I showed up on site? This would be very useful information for
me.

Ron N