[pianotech] Scratched Lid

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Aug 21 14:37:15 MDT 2009

Thanks Mike, Wim, and Paul,

I currently don't have any buffing equipment and I'm not sure I want
to get that in depth as my experience in polyester repair is
elementary at best. Thanks for the offers of assistance. I may still
call you, Paul, if this doesn't work out to my liking.

I've done the fingernail test and I don't feel any deep scratches at
all. In general, it feels very smooth but looks really bad.

I'm going to start with the Meguires as I have that on hand and I have
lots of experience waxing my wife's car. :-)

Even a marginal improvement may yield glowing reviews from the choir
director. Since I thoroughly enjoy praise and positive feedback, this
should be beneficial for both of us! :-)

I'll post the results with a before and after picture.

Thanks!

Rob McCall
Murrieta, CA

Sent from the cockpit of my A320.