[pianotech] [OT] PDAs used for tuning

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 18 02:08:52 MDT 2009

Here in Europe (at least in Germany) the Palm Treo comes with Windows, not with Palm-OS.

Gregor

piano technician - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:51:05 -0600
From: jim at moypiano.com
To: pmc033 at earthlink.net; pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] [OT] PDAs used for tuning

Certainly in the tech world it is "obsolete," existing in a state of not being desired, up-to-date, or update-able.  Not to say it isn't useful, in the same way Windows XP is.  I know you can still buy software for Palm OS, but even its vendor has moved on, and in its last couple of years on Treo I'd say the writing was on the wall that it was on the way out.  And so it goes...

Jim