[pianotech] Palm for tuning?

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 05:28:48 MDT 2009

As has been stated, the Palm tungsten doesn't run a tuning software even as good as

your Korg.  Mostly because there isn't a microphone!  There is an application called

PhonTuner that runs on the Palm Treo series of smartphones.  It may be able to run

on your Tungsten to sound pitches - kindof like having a bunch of tuning forks in

your bag...  PhonTuner on the Treo works about as good as your korg - but there

are many more accurate and precise options out there for piano work!

Ron Koval

Chicagoland

Perhaps someone will enlighten me about possible uses of my PDA in the actual tuning process.   Thanks so much!

Ed Steltzer,     Kennebunkport Maine