[pianotech] selling tools afterwards: was tools for sale

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 17:02:48 MDT 2009

Michelle's post made me think of this. Have any of you considered what you're going to do with all?your tool's, etc. when you retire? I've already retired but am still doing "some" work. I've thought about donating them to my local chapter and them auctioning them off within the chapter with the proceeds going to that chapter. Any of you done this or have a better suggestion? Just "thinking". I am getting kind of old! LOL

?

Avery

Avery, and others

Before you give your final tuning concert, it would not be a bad idea to write something in your will what you want done with your tools, supplies, etc. There have been too many instances where family members are left with this stuff, and then desperately try to find a tuner or store to whom they can either give or sell they inventory. Unfortunately, in some cases, the stuff is just thrown out, or sold for next to nothing, because family members have no idea what they've got, or what it's worth. Having a list of the items, and their approximate value, will help the surviving relatives in determening what to do with all of it. By having some idea of what you want, and what the value is of?the inventory, will give the surviving members of your family some?options.

1. Include the tools, etc. with the customer list as a package deal

2. Donate the tools, etc. to the chapter, to auction off, with the proceeds to go in the chapter treasury, to be used for scholarships, or sent to the Foundation.

3. Sell it on e-bay.

Wim?