[pianotech] Lighte & Co. upright - help needed

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Sat Aug 15 07:33:05 MDT 2009

Rob,
No one has mentioned that the upper bass bridge appears to be "wood". Here
in the Midwest, when I was just starting out in the 70s, I saw many
"stencil" piano as this appears to be AND many showed signs of the upper
bass bridge moving toward the tenor section. This would be obvious is the
hammers appear to be all moved to the left and or deep groves in the upper
bridge.

Just for what it is worth. I know from customers that moved to the west
coast and didn't take their "old upright" were sorry. They could have made a
profit, even after shipping, if they would have taken it with them.

Ken Gerler, RPT
631-4803