[pianotech] Kimball Console: Alternate sustain pedal function.

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Sat Aug 15 06:18:59 MDT 2009

I have a client with a Kimball console.  She has artificial lower legs.  She
cannot bend her ankles so cannot control the sustain pedal.  She has use of
her upper leg muscles.  Has anyone designed a thigh operated leaver to
engage the sustain pedal?

I have considered placing a coil spring under the pedal; strong enough to
counter the weight of her leg.  This way she would be able to use her weak
upper leg muscles to engage the pedal.  Is anyone knowledgeable with springs
to direct me to a proper size and source?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kindest Regards,

Garret

---

Garret Traylor - President

High Point Piano & Music Inc.

88-PIANO (336) 887-4266

P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping High
Point Music be environmentally responsible.