[pianotech] pin torque??

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 13 20:42:14 MDT 2009

Jack,

Usually it is measured in Inch Pounds, sometimes in Newton Meters.
For the purposes of reporting to a problem to a manufacturer, you should measure with the string on, counter-clockwise (lowering pitch).
For the purpose of measuring for consistency when doing test drilling, of course you would measure in either direction without any string.

Don Mannino